The New Forest Marque is the sign of New Forest local produce
We are proud to have been accredited with the New Forest Marque for both our beef and our pork in 2014.
Buying a Marque product means you know you are getting authentic New Forest fare of the highest quality and you are also helping to support the traditional country ways in this unique and special landscape.
A product is only licensed to use the Marque if:
- it contains at least 25 per cent New Forest produce
- it has met stringent standards according to its particular speciality, for example, meat producers must show that high standards of welfare and good husbandry have been applied at all times
- give businesses a distinctive 'New Forest' banner under which to sell their goods and services
- help customers identify quality New Forest produce
- encourage people to 'buy local' and reduce the environmental impact of transporting food long distances
- help sustain the New Forest's local economy by supporting local businesses and employment.